BIGTOW Recovery Strops
When steel wire breaks it poses a serious threat to anyone nearby. It can cause great bodily injury or even death. The combination of the enormous energy and heavy weight causes recoil with incredible force. That recoil is highly unpredictable, flying back in a snake-like manner.
On top of that, steel wire is made up of many small steel strands, when these strands are broken they create very sharp edges. Huge force, unpredictable behaviour and lots of sharp edges, this is the risk taken when working with steel cables. What’s the alternative?
As many companies have already realised, worker safety is of paramount importance. There are ropes made with Dyneema® fibre that are not only easier to handle and more efficient, but they drastically reduce the risk posted to workers handling them. These ropes are 7 times lighter than steel at the same strength level.
If they were to ever break, the recoil force is considerably less than with heavy steel. When they break, they recoil in a linear fashion, eliminating the dangerous unpredictability of steel and, because they are made of soft Dyneema® fibre, there are no sharp edges flying about.
- Manufactured from Lankoforce SK-78 Genuine DSM® Dyneema
- We can manufacture from 1t to 1300t and from 1m through to 200m
- Ideal substitute for heavy chains or steel wire rope recovery strops
- Many protective sleeve options including polyester, braided, Heavy Duty Aramid & Kevlar
- Sleeving can be manufactured to be removed for inspection
- Half the weight of a Kevlar Strop, and 1/8th of the weight of a steel wire strop
- Extremely low stretch with limited, linear recoil, much safer than steel wires
- We can manufacture with many end termination options to suit your application